Orthodontics is a specialist branch of dentistry that involves moving and straightening the teeth in order to improve their appearance and the bite. In some cases facial appearance may also be improved by Orthodontic treatment.
Why have Orthodontic Treatment?
- Many people have crowded, crooked and unsightly teeth and are unhappy with their appearance.
- Teeth that are very prominent are more likely to be damaged accidentally
- Teeth that are out of position can lead to abnormal bite patterns and jaw relationships putting strain on the jaw joints and associated muscles.
- Teeth that are very crowded may be difficult to keep clean and may increase the risk of gum disease or tooth decay.
- Unerupted or impacted teeth due to crowding or any other reason can occasionally damage other teeth or their root.